Information we collect automatically: We log your IP address, browser type, access times, and referring site to help diagnose potential problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information. Our log files are tied to your user ID, but are not tied to personally identifiable information (i.e., your first and last name combined with social security number, alien registration number, driver license or passport number, or credit card information).
Information you give us: We collect and store any information you enter on our sites or you provide to us in context of using our sites, applications, services or tools. This may include, but is not limited to:
Our site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (such as their name and email address) and business information (such as business type, expected volume and transactions). We use customer contact information from the registration form to send the user our Buyer Alert email. This information is never sold or rented out to third parties. Users can Opt-in or Opt-out of receiving the newsletter during registration. Later, users who no longer wish to receive these emails may opt-out; see the choice/opt-out section below.
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third parties sources and add it to our account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic, navigation information, additional contact information, credit check information, and additional information about you from credit bureaus or other sources, as permitted by law. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our sites and/or use of our services, applications and tools, provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services, and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide you access to our sites and the services and customer support you request;
- prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law.
- contact you, either via email or telephone to inform you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
During the course of business and using www.theselectsource.com we may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, site operations).
- Other Select Source users, whether located in your country of residence or outside of your country of residence, as authorized by you or your use of our sites, services, applications or tools. For example, where you are involved in a transaction with another user, the other user may view your email address and request and obtain your contact information and postal address to help complete the transaction;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Select Source user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from negative contributors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity. The Select Source enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Select Source password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Select Source and change your password. We store and process your personal information on our computers and servers. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If your questions are not answered online, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.